I am pleased to announce that Lunenburg High School is now recognized by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a Level 1 school. As a Level 1 school, we are among the highest performing schools in the Commonwealth and shows that we are meeting our gap narrowing goals. This is a tribute to all of the hard work of our students, teachers, and the strong adult influences in our students’ lives.
There are some important dates and activities that I want to make you aware:
- Report cards will go home with students tomorrow, Friday 1/29.
- The Title 1 School Report Card will be sent in a separate email and will be posted on the school and district website.
- During the last two weeks, we have held evening meetings for the parents of 8th grade students (to discuss early college planning and the transition to a high school course load) and a scheduling and post-secondary education planning night for parents of high school students. If you were not able to attend the meetings and are interested in learning about what was discussed, both powerpoint presentations are posted on the LHS website.
- Join our boys and girls basketball teams as we “Shoot for a Cure” against cancer. There will be fundraising activities and a 50/50 raffle at halftime. Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society in memory of Deborah Houston. Deb, the mother of two Lunenburg athletes, and herself a college basketball player, passed away in August 2015 of uterine cancer. The girls play Clinton tonight at 7:00 pm in their cancer-awareness game. The boys have their game on Friday, February 5th at 7:00 pm against Tyngsboro.
- The 50th edition of the Competitive Class Plays will be on Thursday, February 11th at 6:00 pm. An encore performance of the plays will on Friday, February 12th at 6:00 pm.
- Scholarship opportunities are rolling in, so Seniors should be checking in wth guidance on a regular basis.
Course Registration/Scheduling Process:
- Program of Studies posted by March 4th
- All-school meeting (grades 8-11) during Advisory on Tuesday, March 15th to discuss recommendation days and the registration process
- Recommendation Days - Wednesday, March 16th and Thursday, March 17th
- Online registration March 21-23
- Have master schedule complete by 1st week in May
- Pass out student schedules during the week of May 16-20
Save-the-Dates for Seniors and parents:
- May 12th – Senior Department Awards – 7:45 am
- May 26th – Senior Community Scholarship Awards 6:15 pm
- May 27th – Graduation at LHS at 6:30 pm
Athletic events during the next few weeks:
- Thursday, January 28 – Indoor Track meet vs. Littleton at 4:30 pm at Fitchburg High School
Girls Basketball vs. Clinton at 7:00 pm at LHS
- Saturday, January 30 – Ice Hockey vs. St. Bernard’s at 7:30 pm at Wallace Civic Center
- Monday, February 1 – Indoor track League Meet vs. Oakmont at 5:00 pm at Fitchburg High School
- Tuesday, February 2 – Girls Basketball vs. Littleton at 7:00 pm at LHS
- Friday, February 5 – Boys Basketball vs. Tyngsboro at 7:00 pm at LHS – Cancer –Awareness game
- Saturday, February 6 – Indoor track District meet vs. Narragansett at Fitchburg High – Time TBD
- Tuesday, February 9 – Boys Basketball vs. Oakmont at 7:00 pm at LHS
- Wednesday, February 10 – Ice Hockey vs. Assabet Valley at 4:30 pm at Wallace Civic Center
Enjoy the rest of your week.