Good morning. As we officially say goodbye to summer and welcome autumn, activities at LHS are really heating up. Float meetings have started and our athletic teams are at about the halfway point of their seasons (having played most of their games on the road.) The new fields will be sodded next week and the bleachers should be finished soon. The turf field was stripped of the old turf and hauled off site. Construction should begin on the new turf field in the near future. We will have to see (depending on the weather) if the track will be resurfaced this fall or in the spring.
Here are some updates from the guidance office:
PSAT Registration ends at 5pm on Thursday, October 6th
- www.TotalRegistration.net/PSAT/221255. It is strongly recommended that all students in grades 10 and 11 take the PSAT exam if they are considering attending a 4-year college after graduation.
Week 2 of Senior Seminars!
- We are entering week 2 of senior seminars. All seniors are required to attend senior seminars with school counselors during one study, STEP or VHS period. In addition to the regularly scheduled sessions during study hall, we have added options beyond the school day for students that do not have a study hall or find an alternate time more convenient.
- 10/3 B and C period
- 10/4 G period
- 10/5 E period
- 10/6 D period
- 10/7 F and A period
- Monday, 10/3 2:30-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, 10/4 7:15 am
- Wednesday, 10/5 6:30-8:00 pm
Mandatory PSAT pre-administration session, October 11th in cafeteria at 9:10 am through advisory
Colleges and Universities visiting LHS in the next two weeks:
10/3 9:30 am Worcester State University
10/4 10:30 am Saint Anselm
10/6 9:00 am Dean College
10/11 9:45 am University of Massachusetts Lowell
10:45 am Becker College
10/12 8:00 am University of Scranton
11:30 am MA College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
1:00 pm Curry College
10/13 10:00 am Assumption College
1:00 pm Fitchburg State University
10/14 1:00 pm University of Maine Machias
College Financing Seminar, October 12th 6:30pm auditorium
The 15th Annual Miles for Myles event will be held on Sunday, October 16th at the new Lunenburg Middle-High School. What a great way to get fit and show your support for our schools! 10% of the proceeds go to the No Need for Speed Campaign, and another $1000 goes to the school with the most family participation! Make sure when you register to choose the building you wish to support! The first 400 registrants get a Miles for Myles Dri-Fit tee-shirt. We look forward to seeing you there! Flyers went home with the students last week for more information.
To register go to: http://www.milesformyles.com and click on Register.
Just a reminder that Homecoming is on Saturday, October 22. The Homecoming parade will begin at noon from Turkey Hill Elementary and end at Lunenburg Middle-High School. A Dedication Ceremony and Ribbon Cutting will take place at 12:45 pm in front of the main entrance at LMHS. All are invited to attend. At 2:00 pm, the Blue Knights football team will play Maynard in the Homecoming Football Game.
- Saturday, October 1 – Field Hockey vs. St. Bernard’s at 3:30 pm at Marshall Park
- Monday, October 3 – Field Hockey vs. Gardner at 3:30 pm at Marshall Park
- Wednesday, October 5 – Golf vs. Tyngsboro at 3:30 pm at Settler’s Crossing
- Thursday, October 6
- Golf vs. Clinton at 3:30 pm at Settler’s Crossing
- Cross Country vs. Bromfield at 3:30 pm at LHS
- Friday, October 7
- Girl’s Soccer vs. Bromfield at Citizen Bank Field in Lancaster
- Boy’s Soccer vs, Bromfield at Citizen Bank Field in Lancaster
Have a great weekend.